Buying a street legal golf cart, Ez Go, or Club Car is an expensive investment. Knowing this, low speed vehicle fans typically forgo buying a cart in favor of procuring a much cheaper, albeit temporary, LSV rental. Golf cart fans hoping to determine whether this is a financially sound decision are encouraged to read on as we explore whether cart rentals are worth paying for.
Average Price of a Golf Cart Rental
As we mentioned above, golf car rental rates are typically less expensive than the upfront price of owning an LSV. To demonstrate this, let us take a look at some industry-specific averages.
- Average price of a 4 seater low speed vehicle is roughly $10,000
- Daily golf cart rental rate often ranges between $70 and $150
- MSRP of a luxury limo LSV is usually about $11,000
- Fee to rent a six seater cart per day is about $110
- Hourly rental rates are roughly $50 for the first hour and $10 more per subsequent hour
- Gas powered golf car rental rates often have a separate mileage fee added on
Clearly, golf cart rental rates are worth paying for in certain situations. But as we alluded to before there comes a time when these rental fees stop being a financially sound decision.
Non Cheap Low Speed Vehicle Rentals
In general, when the sum of all golf cart rental fees exceeds the MSRP of a cheap used LSV the payment option becomes illogical. To get a better idea of when this financial threshold is crossed, check out the streamlined estimates below.
- Without mileage fees factored in, a gas powered six seater golf cart rental can be procured roughly 100 times before the fees become more expensive than the MSRP of a luxury limo low speed vehicle
- An electric 4 seater golf cart can be rented about 250 times before the sum of the micro payments exceed the average price of a cheap used EZ Go
That said, golf cart rentals appear to no longer be worth paying for if a powersports machine enthusiast plans on using a Club Car or Bintelli Beyond street legal golf cart at least once a day.
Cheap Golf Carts For Sale
In order to do the rental industry justice, it is important to discuss the fact that the MSRP of a golf cart is not the only price LSV owners face. To elaborate, once a cheap low speed vehicle is purchased, the golf cart owner in question may be required to pay the following.
- Price to cover routine maintenance which can range from $50 to $2,000 depending on how often golf cart upkeep is completed
- Fees to store a gas powered golf cart can be as little as free or as much as $2,000 a year for a storage unit
- Fuel expenses
- Low speed vehicle insurance
- Street legal golf cart registration
- Sales and property tax
Be sure to take the aforementioned details into consideration prior to buying a cheap used LSV.
Bintelli Powersports, located in Charleston, South Carolina is your one stop shop for golf carts, LSVs, motorcycles, atvs, dirt bikes, scooters, mopeds, go karts, and more. Nationwide shipping and financing is available! Give them a call at (843) 405-8366 or visit them online!