Electric scooters for adults typically feature two wheels, a seat, and handlebars. Nevertheless, moped manufacturers occasionally produce three-wheeled motorized devices. Although this phenomenon occurs for a variety of reasons, the most common objective is to create a scooter with a bit of extra stability.
Now that we know why cheap electric trike scooters are typically made, let us take a look at the best three-wheeled scooters for adults in 2022.
Pride Travel-Pro 3-Wheel Mobility Scooter
Moped fans interested in procuring an easy-to-store scooter with a seat may want to check out the Travel-Pro 3-Wheel Mobility Scooter from Pride Mobility. This $729 electric motor scooter is designed to disassemble into five pieces. These components each weigh less than 28 lbs, and can collectively fit inside the trunk of a small car.
Other noteworthy attributes are highlighted below.
- Reported to have low maintenance and repair rates
- Weighs about 92 lbs fully assembled
- Features a cup holder, armrests, and a swivel seat that folds down
- Package deal includes a bag for the armrests
- Capable of supporting up to 275 lbs
- Has a throttle lever on each handlebar
- Gets about 6.3 miles per charge
- Offers a top speed of 4 miles per hour
- 12V, 12Ah battery
- Can go backwards and forwards
To find out more about this 3-wheeled scooter with a seat, click here.
Rover All-Terrain Electric Vehicle
Going off-road can be an accelerating experience. Those that would like to explore this type of outdoor adventure while riding a powersports machine are encouraged to check out the Rover All-Terrain Electric Vehicle. Made by Cycleboard, this three-wheeled standing scooter lacks a seat, but makes up for the missing component by including the following.
- A thick platform capable of responding to how a rider leans
- 10” tires
- 41 Nm of torque
- 1152W battery
- Hydraulic and electric brakes
- Virtually silent 1,800W brushless rear hub motor
- Fold-down handlebars
- Top speed of 27 miles per hour
- 5 speed modes
- Gets about 40 miles per charge
- Recharges in about 6.5 hours
Electric moped enthusiasts that do not mind owning a seatless powersports machine can find out more about the $2,700 Cycleboard scooter here.
EW-66 Mobility Scooter 2 Passenger
The last motorized device on our list is the EW-66 Mobility Scooter 2 Passenger from eWheels. As the name implies, this non-cheap powersports machine has two seats. The first chair rests on a column directly behind the handlebars. The second seat is equipped with thick padding and has a lidded wire basket attached to the back.
And as if that was not impressive enough, the $4,100 three-wheeled scooter for adults offers the following features.
- Lockable trunk
- Speedometer and battery gauge dashboard
- Turn signals
- Headlight with a bright option
- Capable of getting about 35 miles per charge
- Can go up to 15 miles per hour
That said, this three-wheeled scooter with a seat does have a 600 lbs weight limit, so be sure to take this into consideration prior to purchase.
Bintelli Powersports, located in Charleston, South Carolina is your one stop shop for golf carts, LSVs, motorcycles, atvs, dirt bikes, scooters, mopeds, go karts, and more. Nationwide shipping and financing is available! Give them a call at (843) 405-8366 or visit them online!