Traditional seatless scooters are not easy to operate. As a result, kids under the age of 7 often have trouble riding old school scooter models. To address the aforementioned issue and boost sales, scooter manufacturers started creating 3 wheeled devices specifically for children. In this article we discuss which of these tri wheel scooters are considered to be the best in 2021.
Radio Flyer Lean ‘N Glide Scooter
Parents seeking a 3 wheel scooter for children to grow up with may want to check out the Lean ‘N Glide Scooter from Radio Flyer. This seatless scooter teaches operators the importance of weight distribution and balance in a somewhat safe manner.
To achieve the aforementioned feat, Radio Flyer equipped the scooter with a height adjustable handlebar. This movable steering column leverages “lean to steer” technology which changes the direction of the device based on how the operator is leaning.
Additional features and traits are listed hereafter.
- Height adjustable handlebar
- Kids as young as three and as old as seven can operate the scooter
- Soft foam hand grips
- Back wheel equipped with a foot brake
- Max capacity of 60 lbs
- Comes with light up wheels
Parents interested in procuring this seatless scooter for their little one can anticipate paying $31.
Birdie Kick Scooter for Kids
Bird, the motor scooter rental company, produces 3 wheel scooters for kids. However, unlike the electric scooters that are used as rentals, Birdie Kick Scooters for Kids do not run on electricity. Other noteworthy traits are mentioned below.
- Made of durable aluminum
- Weight limit is 110 lbs
- Comes with a wide, fiber reinforced footboard
- Front wheels are double the size of those found on traditional scooters
- Adjustable handlebar creates a height range of about 28 and 38 inches
- Handlebars are equipped with grips as well as a stop button to prevent removal
- Designed for children between the age of 3 and 8
For more information about this $165 tri wheel scooter, go here.
Hurtle 3 Wheeled Scooter for Kids
As we mentioned above, scooters for kids typically do not have a seat. Upon discovering this tidbit, Hurtle leveraged the information to stand out from the crowd. To elaborate, the aforementioned feat was achieved by developing one of the only tri wheel scooters with a seat for kids in existence. Noteworthy traits associated with the novel scooter are outlined hereafter.
- Comfortable footrests
- Anti-slip deck
- Seat is attached to and drops down from the handlebar
- Height adjustable steering column is detachable for easy storage
- Light up wheels are about 4.7 inches in the front and 3.2 inches in the back
- Designed for children between 2 and 12 years old
Parents hoping to find out more about this $75 seatless scooter may do so here.
GOMO Kids Scooter
Those in need of a 3 wheel scooter for a two year old may want to check out the Kids Scooter from GOMO. This non electric scooter for kids weighs only 5.5 lbs, features dazzling light up wheels as well as the following.
- Can be used by children between the ages of 2 and 5
- Has a weight limit of 110 lbs
- Height adjustable handlebar offers a range of 26” – 31.5”
That said, some assembly is required. Be sure to take this into consideration prior to purchase.
Bintelli Powersports, located in Charleston, South Carolina is your one stop shop for golf carts,
LSVs, motorcycles, atvs, dirt bikes, scooters, mopeds, go karts, and more. Nationwide shipping and financing is available! Give them a call at (843) 405-8366 or visit them online!