Electric scooters and gas powered mopeds provide commuters with an inexpensive way to mosey around town. Upon finding out the aforementioned tidbit, citizens typically feel compelled to forego expensive automobiles in favor of cheap motor scooters. To ensure these budding moped fans are able to buy a high-quality electric scooter, we compiled the following guide.
Scooters Without a Seat
Gas powered mopeds and electric scooters with a seat make it possible for commuters to sit down while traveling. Nevertheless, being comfortable while traveling can be a secondary concern when price is a major priority. For those that find themselves in this dire circumstance, check out the Razor E300 Electric Scooter.
This seatless powersports machine has a top speed of 15 mph and a max range of 10 miles, which collectively make the electric scooter ideal for short commutes. Add in a starting price of $430 and it is easy to see why the Razor scooter is worth checking out in 2022.
Yamaha Electric Scooters With a Seat
Yamaha is known for producing high-quality, fuel-efficient, gas powered mopeds. Therefore, it may come as a surprise the scooter manufacturer has plans in the works to produce electric scooters with a seat.
That said, as of typing this the gas powered moped manufacturer has only released a few images and schematics of the novel powersports machines. After analyzing these pictures, fans of electric motorized devices speculate the new Yamaha e scooter models are likely going to be 125cc mopeds with a top speed of 56 mph. Other speculated attributes are listed below.
- 11 kW or 15 HP
- Super sleek design
- Mini windshield
- Side mirrors
- Charging port in the front under the headlights
As awesome as the prospect of owning a Yamaha electric scooter is, moped fans are encouraged to remember the electric powersports machines may not be for sale in the United States. But if they are, the e scooters are likely going to be worth checking out in 2022.
2022 Piaggio Electric Scooters
Available in three models, the 2022 electric mopeds from Piaggio appear to offer scooter fans a wide variety of riding options. But before we dive into what each e moped has to offer, check out the traits all the powersports machines have in common.
- Removable battery that lasts about 800 cycles
- Comes with a 220-volt charger
- Recharges in about six hours
- Under seat storage is big enough to house a helmet
- Bag hook is conveniently located behind the handlebar area
- Single-arm front suspension with one shock
- Arched swingarm suspension with dual-shock in the back
- 175mm disc brakes equipped on 10-inch wheels
- Keyless start
- 5.5 inch display screen that automatically changes between night and day modes
- Capable of seating two
Now that we know what the 2022 Piaggio electric scooter lineup has to offer, let’s take a quick look at the differences between each model.
- Piaggio 1 offers a top speed of 28 miles per hour and a max range of 34 miles
- Piaggio 1+ has a max speed of 28 mph as well, however, the moped model is capable of covering 62 miles on a single charge
- Piaggio Active boasts a max speed of 37 miles per hour and a varying range per charge
For more information about the upcoming 2022 Piaggio electric moped lineup, go here.
Bintelli Powersports, located in Charleston, South Carolina is your one stop shop for golf carts,
LSVs, motorcycles, atvs, dirt bikes, scooters, mopeds, go karts, and more. Nationwide shipping and financing is available! Give them a call at (843) 405-8366 or visit them online!