Well-planned golf charity events generate loads of cash. In case you are not familiar with why, the aforementioned activities are usually golfing tournaments, where golfers pay to compete against each other. Then, the money generated in this manner is forwarded to a charity.
A few successful examples are the Chenega Invitational, and the Minnesota Vikings Foundation. In September 2020, these groups collectively raised almost $300,000, and the proceeds were distributed to Wounded Warriors as well as the Vikings Table charity food truck.
Needless to say, these popular events have positive community impacts. Due to this, we wanted to promote awareness by sharing some upcoming golf charity events.
Golf Charity Events in September
As we mentioned above, golf charity events generate cash via the entry fees. However, this is not the only way to encourage donations. Other cash generating prospects are offered, such as sponsoring a golfer or having advertisements in designated areas. That said, here are a few events occuring at the end of September.
Golfing for Those in Need
Event occurs at the Evergreen Country Club on September 24th. Registration starts at 10 AM, golfing starts at 12 PM, and the award ceremony is at 5:30 PM. Those interested in driving their used golf cart, EZ go, or Club Car around may be able to do so. Entry fees are as follows.
- Prices start at $100 per golfer
- Small businesses can sponsor via a $300 package
- Group of four priced at $400
Proceeds fund the Lake Geneva Jaycees Thanksgiving Generosity and Christmas Generosity campaigns.
13th Annual Charity Golf Tournament 2020
Scheduled for September 28th, the tournament will be at the Riverhill Country Club. Deadline to register for the event is September 25th and there is a limit of 120 players. Prizes will be given to longest drives, hole in ones, net and gross scores, as well as closest to the pin. A few related fees are below.
- Individuals pay $150
- Signs with logos are available for $150
- Scorecard + beverage cart is $300
For more information, such as golf cart restrictions, the club’s website may be found here. Proceeds go to Habitat for Humanity.
Noteworthy Events in Early October
To reduce the spread of the Coronavirus, most golf courses are adhering to CDC guidelines. Nevertheless, to reduce the risk of contracting COVID-19, golf cart drivers are encouraged to bring their own LSV to charity events.
- On October 3rd, RB Golf Club & Resort plans to host a touchless golf tournament to raise money for the Joseph Groh Foundation. More information, such as if golf carts are permitted, may be found at the club’s website.
- 7th Annual Alumni of the Leadership Clinton County tournament is scheduled for October 9th and will be held at the Clinton County Club. Entry fee for the four person scramble is $95. Proceeds go to Leadership Clinton County.
- 16th Annual Charity Golf Tournament hosted by NextTech is set to occur at the Smoky Hill Club on October 9th. Registration for the four team tournament starts at 7 AM, and entry fee is $500. Money generated is being donated to Big Brothers Big Sisters.
Bintelli Powersports, located in Charleston, South Carolina is your one stop shop for golf carts, LSVs, motorcycles, atvs, dirt bikes, scooters, mopeds, go karts, and more. Nationwide shipping and financing is available! Give them a call at (843) 405-8366 or visit them online!